Saturday, January 23, 2010

One small change



Hip mountain Mama has a great idea.

Starting the first of January, and continuing each month until April, leading up to earth day- April 22- bloggers are making a change for the greener every month and blogging about it. I try to be environmentally conscious in my daily choices, but there's always room for improvement.

So, January is the month of no plastic bags. And that trend will continue ever after. I definitely try to minimize plastic bags already, but I need to be more organized if I'm really going to kick the habit. So I just bought some portable cloth resuable bags which I'm going to carry with me everywhere. That way I am not only ready for my usual trips to the store, I'm ready for all those impromptu ones too.

These are the bags I ordered. I thought they'd be a fun way to get into the mode. I'm kind of psyched about this project. Anyone else who wants to join in, latecomers are accepted.

1 comment:

The Eyechild said...

Wow, that's a pretty deluxe tote. I always try and shop using a reusable bag when I consider it – the problem usually being when I make an unplanned excursion to the supermarket on the way home from work.

Need to get more 'organisised', I suppose.